Dienstag, 10. November 2009

Custom Made Pants II

Yesterday evening I went to the fitting of my new tailor-made pants and I have to say that I was very happy. The design does need to be tweaked a little but they will turn out like I imagined them. Since they aren't finished yet I didn't take any pictures instead I would like to share with you some pics of another blogger who has a lot more experience with custom-made clothes. Meet Izzy of The Dandy Project and his great collection of custom-made clothes:


I love that floral shirt. And I'm so jealous when I think of what I could get custom made if the price-tag would be the same here (in Berlin) as it is in Manila (where Izzy used to live - he currently resides in Boston): a shirt - 20 USD, a jacket - 60 USD, pants - 18 USD, all inclusive of materials and labor. Do check out Izzy's Guide to Getting Things Tailor-Made which is really helpful if you haven't been to a tailor before. Izzy is also a genius at DIY-ing so take a look at his projects, too.

Gestern Abend war ich bei der Anprobe meiner neuen maßgeschneiderten Hose und muß sagen, dass ich mit dem Ergebnis sehr zufrieden bin. Ein paar Änderungen werden noch gemacht, aber dann ist sie genau so, wie ich sie mir vorgestellt habe. Da die Hose noch nicht fertig ist, gibt es noch keine Fotos. Daher wollte ich euch heute einige Fotos eines anderen Bloggers zeigen, der viel mehr Erfahrung mit maßgeschneiderter Kleidung hat: Izzy (The Dandy Project). Ein sehr guter Leitfaden, wenn ihr noch nie bei einem Schneider gewesen seid, ist sein Guide to Getting Things Tailor-Made. Izzy ist auch noch DIY-Experte also schaut euch auf jeden Fall auch seine selbstgemachten Projekte an.

photos: http://thedandyproject.blogspot.com

Keine Kommentare: